Cancer of the head and neck is usually diagnosed very late, which significantly reduces the patients’ chances of cure. The problem is that the symptoms of these diseases are usually not pronounced, and people do not pay attention to them for a long time.
Malignant tumors of the head and neck most often appear in the sinuses, the oral cavity, and the larynx. There are also cancerous lesions of the tongue and salivary glands.
Interestingly, these diseases are three times more common in men. It is believed that this is because men smoke and drink alcohol more and more often, and also take less care of oral health.
What are the symptoms of head and neck cancers?
According to experts, the following symptoms require attention:
– Bad breath. It can testify to many diseases, including gastrointestinal, but you should not ignore this symptom.
– Sores on the mucous membrane of the mouth and tongue are another symptom with which it is recommended to consult a doctor.
– Keratinized cone-shaped growths on the skin can also be cancers, therefore it is recommended to show up to the doctor.
– Persistent sore throats can be a symptom of various diseases. It is advisable to see a doctor if the pain persists for a long time.
– Blood discharge in the saliva is another alarming symptom that you should immediately consult a doctor.